First Big Race of 2015 - Jackpot Ultra



Las Vegas, of course!  We will be running for 12 hours (from 9 am to 9 pm) over a 2.38 mile loop.  I felt it would be a pretty awesome way to spend my upcoming birthday (which has a 4 in it, the bastard).

Beyond Limits Running are holding the event for the second year, I have heard so many great things about them and the race.

Kev and I will see each other throughout but he will have a completely different distance goal from mine.  It's perfect.  I am particularly intrigued to experience the mental challenges involved with covering a short distance over and over again.

My intended goal was/is 40 miles, but it will depend on where my ankle is at by then.  I feel like I'm making great progress.  We registered for Jackpot back in August right after ET and before all the injury hoopla.

More to follow on planning and race strategies.  Ah the lists!


Make sure you're ridiculously excited about your goal. Write it down. Then do what it takes to convince yourself that you can do it, you will do it, and that you must do it.

- Matt Frazier  No Meat Athlete

Comments

  1. 12 hours? Hell's teeth. So you're going for 1.5 marathons all in one gulp?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm trying not to think of it that way but yes! It's all new so I'm going to take it one loop at a time until I go mad or my feet fall off.

      Delete
  2. SOUNDS AWESOME. You two have the best fun EVER. How do I make it a running threesome? Bahhaaaaa!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH MY!! Oh running, right, no problem! Let's have adventures :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts